IoT Digital Innovation Hub
The objective of the IoT Digital Innovation Hub and the innovation-driven organizations involved is to help companies (specially SMEs) become more competitive through the adoption of Internet of Things technologies in their business/production processes, products and services.
IoT Digital Innovation Hub has been created to develop ground-breaking projects with the most advanced technologies. Our aim is to promote new products and services, which have been designed by combining innovative techniques from a range of disciplines: Artificial Intelligence, Advanced IoT, Disruptive ICT, Edge Computing, Fog Computing, Cloud Computing, Blockchain, Internet of Value, Industry 4.0, Smart Cities, Smart Homes, Smart Grid, Connected Vehicle, Big Data, Machine Learning, Deep Learning, Reinforcement Learning, Social Computing, Natural Language Processing, Linked Open Data
The emergence of the internet has triggered the technological revolution we are experiencing at the moment. This revolution lies in the ability to connect people and objects. This is what we call the Internet of Things (IoT). This new technological model interconnects devices and collects information which are then sent to the cloud. These data make it possible to adapt technology to the preferences of its users. In addition, Wireless Sensor Networks (WSNs) are new infrastructures which facilitate communication and increase the mobility, flexibility and efficiency of users. Artificial Intelligence is changing our World and its different forms of application (Deep learning, Machine Learning, Big Data, Genetic Algorithms, etc.) complement IoT perfectly.
The members of the IoT Digital Innovation Hub have vast knowledge of all these technologies and their practical experience is the greatest asset of this hub, which has been included in the catalogue of the Smart Specialization Platform of the European Commission.
- Mezquita, Parra, Pérez, Prieto, Corchado, (2022). Blockchain-Based Land Registry Platforms: A Survey on Their Implementation and Potential Challenges. Logic Journal of the IGPL.
- Corchado Rodríguez, J. M. (2021). Building Efficient Smart Cities.
- Corchado Rodríguez, J. M. (2021). Methodologies for innovation and best practices in Industry 4.0 for SMEs.
- Corchado Rodríguez, J. M. (2021). AIoT for Achieving Sustainable Development Goals.
- Plaza, Corchado (2021). Smart-Heritage: An Intelligent Platform for the Monitoring of Cultural Heritage in Smart Cities. In Sustainable Smart Cities and Territories International Conference. Springer, Cham.
Technology / area of expertise
Internet of Things, Artificial Intelligence, ICT
Main contact point to marketing / communication